Simple Friendship Ring
- 40 glass seed beads - (approximate) Any color(s). Comes in opaque, transparent, and translucent. For best look, use more than one color.
- 1 large bead - Any color which matches the seed beads. Can be glass, metal, or fimo beads. Should be slightly bigger than the seed beads. You can always replace it wish a single daisy.
- string - Prefer nylon line (6-8 lb. test fishing line works well.)
- clear glue - I recommend using clear nail polish. Should be water proof
- beading needle - (optional) Thin, flexible beading needle
- safety pin - (optional)
- Cut about a foot of string and thread in needle if possible.
- Knot string around safety pin if needed.
- String half the seed beads needed for ring. Usually about 15 to 18 beads.
- String the large bead.
- Add the rest of the small seed beads in the same pattern.
- Take pin off and remove needle.
- Make sure it fits around desired finger. If not, simply remove or add more beads until wanted length. Might become tighter when knotted.
- Double or triple knot the two ends of string. Then pull the string through a few more beads, so it is harder to break.
- Add a drop of clear nail glue to secure knot.
- Wait till it dries then cut off excess string.
My Homepage |